Monday 31 August 2009

Anything for publicity

We have a wedding on Wednesday. Yes, that's right, people do want to get married in a pub. They are staying from tomorrow night through till Friday and taking over most of the place. We shut the restaurant tonight to get ready and give some of the staff time off. Monday night is generally quiet anyway.

Unfortunately, the phone has been red hot today with people wanting to book a table in the restaurant. Could it be as a result of the BBC program Country Tracks that went out this morning? - we were in it, 07:45 into the program. It was filmed in 2004 - 5 years ago.

From what I remember, Michaela Strachan is just as nice in real life. Pity I don't look as young anymore.

I'm hoping somebody has the ability to rip the section into an MPEG for me before BBC IPlayer makes the link unavailable - anyone?

Thanks is due to Washy for drawing this to our attention - point of fact Mr Washbourne, it is stated that I live around "here" all my life. Cumbria is "here"

6 comments:

Karman said...

Wow! It's amazing what five years can do! Like a good cheese, you have developed more character.

Brewers Union Local 180 said...

I'd extract that for you, but the BBC seems to think I don't live in the UK, and as such I can't view videos with iPlayer. Why?

Jeff Pickthall said...

...but you don't look so camp anymore!

Unknown said...

Thanks Karman and Jeff, that makes me so much feel better.

Ted, I don't know why. I did think of lots of derogatory things to say about your country folk in defence of the Beeb, but..... I think the BBC are stupid on this one.

Anyway, Jeff is a techno Mac user. He can even take them to bits, put them back together and they still worked just as well as before - complete with stuck CD. Perhaps he can extract the footage for us?

Anonymous said...

I thought you were from Surrey Dave. You certainly looked younger before you grew your "Saddam when he was discovered in that hole-beard" you sport now!

The programme is repeated tonight at about 12.30am on BBC1 with signing for the deaf.

Good luck with the wedding. "Do you take this glass of Zippy Red IPA to be your lawful wedded wife?" "Yeeessh! I do. I love you Zippy Red. My besht friend. Friendsh for life!"

Washy

Cooking Lager said...

Must be getting on a bit now, Strachan. Still would though. If she asked for brown sauce you'd get her a bottle.