Monday 13 June 2011

Attempting to end Heath Robinsonness

When we first moved to our current brewery location, to enable us to continue to brew with minimum delay and expense, the kit was somewhat cobbled together. Things have remained in a similar state of Heath Robinsonness for some time despite extra kit being added.

I'm intending on buying some new, bigger tanks soon. We're currently brewing to capacity and need more tanks in which to put beer to ferment and mature, on bucket loads of dry hops, obviously.

I want to get the rest of the brew house in order before the tanks arrive. Today saw a major step forward with delivery of two nice heavy and strong RSJs to support my mezzanine floor. This will eliminate the scaffolding that supports my grist cases and cold liquor tank.


Additionally the walls that we have been building will help me to tidy up the pipe-work and cabling, essential as I hope it won't be too long before I can start employing someone to do some of the brewing. Right now a degree in bodging along is required to be able to brew on my kit.


5 comments:

Tandleman said...

Rome wasn't' built in a day Dave. You have come a long way in a short time. You've been a joy to watch. Mostly (-; And more to come I'm sure.

Darren said...

in the words of Hanibal from the A-Team "I love it when a plan comes together". Always good to see a brewery coming to life, I' jealous!

Claire Monk said...

Looking good! You're getting your mezzanine floor then :)

Brewers Union Local 180 said...

I'm hoping to be there in Nov or Dec to make some proper ales. I also hope there is some equivalent to the Woolpack VOID to crawl around in and install some wiring.

Anonymous said...

Brewing what you do in that environment is nothing short of a miracle. God only knows what you'll achieve when as Darren said, "that plan does come together".

Cheers Phil
@filrd