Saturday 28 June 2014

OnTrack is Open!

(Quick update - click the title above to go to the website for the bar)

Three weeks ago we got keys for our new tap. The lease had not been finalised with Network Rail, but our immediate landlords let us have access despite advise from various legal people1.

Anyway, between then and now Ann and I have been in Canada for a week, and yet we have managed to open a bar. This is partly due to some very hard work done by our staff, plus ancillary support from LemonTop Creative and a couple of very good local businesses.  I'm pleased with the results.

Our town now has a craft beer bar, one that adheres to the standards and values of Hardknott. I'm pleased.

To start we are open;
Thursday 6pm - 11pm
Friday 12 noon - 12 midnight
Saturday 12 noon - 12 midnight
Sunday 2pm - 10pm

Times subject to change if we find that trade shows this is possible.

Before





Now 








--------------

1Legal people seem to be able to make money from absolutely nothing. I despair at the costs they layer onto jobs for what seems to me to be no added value.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Well done Dave and Ann. Just what we needed! I for one have really enjoyed the last two nights in your 'tap'. Long may it continue.

Yvan said...

Good work everyone! Your very own "Millom Tap" :) Fantastic! I'm looking forward to visiting... now to come up with come convenient excuse to head up there. I expect something involving beer can be devised... ;)

Brewers Union Local 180 said...

Purple?!

Unknown said...

Jenny, it's been a great couple of nights so far. The thing I really like is that we seem to have created what has been described by one observer as a "non-macho" feel. The quality of the customers has been fantastic.

Yvan, you need an excuse?

Ted, we like purple.

Sat In A Pub said...

Oh well done. The bottled beer sample looks good and purple is the new, erm, purple.

Jenny said...

I still think its the perfect venue for a pop up show by Prince! (Please let me know first, I wont tell anyone...)

Or maybe you are more of a Jimi Hendrix purple haze fan?

Unknown said...

Jimi Hendrix or Prince? Please!

Stanley Blenkinsop said...

Congratulations and good luck.